Are you interested to getting a scuba certification? But questioning around which association or institution issuing diving license and which one is the best or has to be chosen? There are many diving institution spreading around the world, the instituions will help you to learn more about the diving world, there are several types of institutions that can issue licenses or certifications so it can be used and you can explore the underwater world. The biggest and famous diving institutions and often heard by the public are PADI and SSI.
About PADI and SSI
PADI and SSI are the two of many institutions or agencies that can provide certification in many levels. Both institutions have different advantages, different packages and also training conducted by professionals. Both prioritize safety and pleasure in learning so that divers can enjoy it.
PADI ( Professional Association of Diving Instructors )
The largest scuba diving training organization in the world, PADI Professionals have issued more than 25 million certifications worldwide, you will find this organization throughout the world. PADI divided its education into several small courses based on progressive training that introduces skills, information relating to safety and knowledge of the local environment to divers in stages which makes it easy for anyone to start diving.
Wherever you choose to dive, your PADI certification will be recognized and accepted. PADI courses are designed to make a fun learning and valuable. PADI instructors were supported by a proactive and strong quality management system. Under the guidance of a professional PADI instructor, you will gain confidence in mastering the essential safety concepts and skills. PADI Divers brings the most respected and sought after quality of scuba diving in the world. They offer many courses for all levels divers, from beginner until professional.
1. Scuba Diver Certification:This course is a further step towards getting an Open Water Divers certification. The PADI Scuba Diver course is part of the PADI Open Water Diver course. PADI Scuba Diver may be right for you especially if you are going to do scuba diving.
2. Open Water Diver Cerification: In this course you must be 10 years old or older, and have adequate swimming skills with good physical health. If you want to take scuba diving lessons this is the beginning of all.
3. Advanced Open Water Diver Cerification : This course helps build confidence and expand your scuba skills through different Adventure Dives. In addition, students can improve their skills during their open water diving courses. For divers who want to get more underwater experience, this course is perfect for diving while having fun by learning new things.
SSI ( Scuba School International )
The second largest organization for recreational diving that teach the skills involved in scuba diving and freediving, and supports dive businesses and resorts. SSI have e-learning system for their training approaches that allow instructors to integrate their experiences in their teaching methodology.
SSI has more flexible course content and structure with material that can be borrowed from a diving center, and you don’t need to buy it by yourself. SSI instructors can also add additional training to the course, SSI allows divers to learn at their own pace, as long as all skills are completed at the end of the course they are going through. SSI allows its instructors to have more flexibility when they are teaching students. The courses are given more or less the same as other institutions, that focuses on how teaching and techniques are provided so they can be as differences with other institutions.
1. Try Scuba Courses :a program to introducing underwater world, this is the first level that gives you opportunity to experience underwater world. To be able followed the program the minimum age should be 8 years old with academic session Try Scuba Pool.
2. Scuba Diver Courses : Giving you the training and experience needed to dive in open water environments under the supervision of professional divers. You will earn SSI Scuba Diver certification and can be upgraded to the Open Water Diver certification.
3. Open Water Diver Courses: Personal training with water training sessions to ensure you have the skills and experience needed to be comfortable under water, and you will have dive with maximum training depth about 18 meter / 60ft. A certification program that has been recognized and this is the best way to start an adventure as a certified scuba diver. You will get an SSI Open Water Diver certification.
PADI and SSI are worldwide diving agencies. Their qualifications are known everywhere and are mutually sustainable. The two agencies provide courses that later can issues certifications to you that divers can use them and enjoy them. Differences in license issuer will not affect your desire to dive but the level that will affect it. The institution will issue a license or certification if you have completed the course that are provided, also the certification can be used without expiration.